What We Do
Rwanda Reads aims to develop synergies and bring all stakeholders together, providing a platform for information sharing, networking, and promotion of activities and initiatives with the common goal of improving opportunities for reading that maximizes energy, effort, and resources throughout the country. By design, it is a multi-institutional initiative. Rwanda Reads is responsible for strengthening efforts to promote a culture of reading throughout Rwanda. In particular, it is responsible for:
• Maintaining a webpage that highlights and promotes activities that encourage literacy in schools, homes, and the community at-large
• Facilitating the coordination of stakeholder activities so that 1) efforts are complemented rather than duplicated and 2) stakeholders can learn from each other and capitalize on what is working well
• Facilitating networking among stakeholders in the education sector and industry to support supply and demand of books ;
• Identifying, fostering, and promoting initiatives that target the production, distribution and use of reading materials ;
• Providing a forum for open dialogue on successes and challenges as well as sharing of best practices ;
• Supporting campaigns and other initiatives that promote reading.